By: Sheri German on Friday, April 1, 2005
CSS Positioning layouts are hot, and many people are trying to make the transition from the mostly reliable, but non-semantic, table-based layouts we've all used for years. CSS 2.1 provides great features for laying out pages, and the specs for CSS 3 indicate that some day the future of design on the web will be ever brighter indeed.
We here at CMX try to make the learning curve as painless as possible with our many CSS tutorials and articles. Now we'd like to offer you a diagnostic tool that spares you some typing and memorizing. We are proud to introduce the CMX CSS Snippets Collection. Snippets, as you may well be aware, are bits of reusable code that paste as blocks or around selections with the click of an insert button.
This article includes an extension for installing part two of the collection into the Dreamweaver Snippets panel, and a list that explains the problem and then the solution that each snippet corrects.
Our Snippets in Part Two include the following:
- Win IE fully clickable CSS buttons
- Win IE text inheritance in tables
- Win IE double float margin
- Win IE three pixel gap bug
- Win IE three pixel gap bug part 2
- Win IE missing image bug
- IE word wrap
- IE expanding boxes and too wide images
- Set text size on the body
- Set font-size and family on multiple selectors for NS4
- Zero margins on multiple elements
- Clearing element for floats
- Easy clearfix for floats
- Floating an image to the left
- Floating an image to the right
- Clearing a float after an image
- Centered layouts that work
Read on and bust those bugs!
Purchase this item
You can purchase this piece of content separately for $5.00
Community MX members get unlimited access to daily articles, tutorials, extensions and support. The most comprehensive resource for Macromedia designers and developers today. Take a tour of what we offer, and discover the benefits of subscribing.
Already a member?
Simply log in using the form in the top right area of the site.