Posted Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:13:17 AM by Paul Davis
TODCON 2007 RULED!
Ok, this was the best TODCon ever (exceptions listed below) and here are my top reasons:
- It was the largest so far!
- Great speaker line up with many new speakers
- Good deal of regulars attended and I always love seeing the regulars
- Adobe was there in force! (and they are a really great bunch of people, took time to speak to everyone they could and accepted everyone's suggestions and opinions to make the products better).
- Ken - wow, managed to handle questions very diplomatically and with great patience (and yes, we want everything)
- Randy - was sent to speak to the extension developers, which was me and Tom Muck - we had excellent conversations with some good dialog, really appreciated your time!
- Christian - yes, Spry's code base is too big and, yes, I know you'll work on that :-) I enjoyed the conversations with you a lot and appreciate the time you spent talking with me (and the ideas you gave me for products I could make!)
- Sharon - congrats on the promotion to manager! And thanks for the discussions on the product and helping us realize the daunting task of quality Adobe faces each cycle.
- Greg - thanks for the dinner! And for bringing Steph in on time for her keynote session!
- I got to meet some wonderful small business people, some who'd been around for a little while (like the bike shop guys from Tallahassee - go Noles) and some who are just starting out (like Carrie Enders - CKA Creative who is transitioning from print work to web design work with a focus on small business).
- Met the crew from lucidus (or, found out they were the crew from lucidus, already having known them a little while) and that was cool!
- Found some new opportunities from several attenders via networking!
- Got to pick up the slack on giving Green a hard time.
- Several really good dinner conversations and good eats too!
- Found out that, in fact, I can survive drinking Pepsi instead of Coke products.
Some exceptions are:
- Chris Flick wasn't there, nor was Sheri and other regulars, they were really missed.
- Barbra had to leave early and I didn't get to spend any time chatting with her
- Vegas, in June, is still very very hot
- I didn't have an internet connection through the first half of my AJAX/server side presentation - but I was able to recover!
- Missed out on Chaz's BBQ dinner (heard he is a great griller!)
- Didn't get to meet with a lot of the new attenders this year.
- I have to wait another year to go to the next one (once Ray recovers from this one and wants to do the next one!)
As usual, the conference was better then the prior ones. Hopefully next year, everyone can attend and we will have a better conference then before! A special thanks to Judy for the ride to the airport!