By: Sheri German
Page 1 of 3
It's been a year since the last installment of the CS5 CSS Starter Page series. So why, you ask, am I revisiting it now? Well, it just so happens that my students are using the series as the basis for creating portfolio sites. They have completed their layouts and templates, and are now ready to use a framework for their graphic design work.
Back when I first wrote this series, in The CS5 CSS Starter Page Series Part 13: Adding a Gallery, I demonstrated how to use a Lightbox extension to easily add a Lightbox gallery to a page.
Each semester I have shown students a number of gallery/portfolio options from which they may choose:
- Lightbox: Lightbox 2 download and directions
- jQuery slideshow: jQuery Slideshow directions and Original jQuery Slideshow resources
- Spry Accordion Gallery: The CSS Starter Page Series Part 8: Managing Content with Spry
- Bridge Gallery: Bridge Gallery and Incorporating a Bridge Gallery
- Fireworks Gallery: Create a Fireworks CS4 Slideshow
Now I want to add another option, The Widget Browser, to the mix, and thus am appending a trailing article to an old series!
The Widget Browser and Many Gallery Options
You can download the Widget Browser at Adobe Labs. (You will need to have the Flash plugin in order to install directly from your browser.) Once installed, you can access it through Dreamweaver via the Application Bar.
Image 1: You can access the Widget Browser from Dreamweaver's Application Bar
Tip: Learn all about using the Widget Browser at the Adobe Devnet Center.